Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting lots of S.L.E.E.P. Hahah yeeeeah.

Well, 2 weeks down being back to work full time, and this mama is hella tired! All in all, the adjustment to being away from her has gone better than I thought it might, even though of course it's hard to be away from her all day.  I know she's in capable, loving hands when I'm not there and I find that I don't spend my whole workday worried that she's having a hard time.  I've also been busier than shit, so that seems to help the days go by faster, too! What is catching up with me, however, is the 4.5 months of no longer than 3 hours of sleep at a time.  Norah's a fabulous baby. A charming baby. A smiley, happy, giggly baby. What she is not, is a sleeping baby.  She enjoys 30 minute catnaps throughout the day, preferably on someone's lap.  She enjoys snacking throughout the night to her heart's content (I knew she was my kid!). This has lead to her waking up just about every 2 hours, and while she's not typically waking up crying and needing help going back to sleep, it's still very much an interruption in my sleep cycle, and I'm finally getting damn tired.  This was fine when I could nap or at least rest and zone out during the day while on my leave, but back at work it's hard to get to the end of the day without wanting to crash! At least I have 3 built-in 15 minute breaks every day to pump, and I may or may not be catching the tiniest little bit of shut eye as I sit there listening to the BRRRR-tsh-BRRRR-tsh of my trusty little Medela. It's soothing, you know? Haha.

Sister's rocking some drool soaked duds, again. Still. Always with the drool. 


My girl with her playful crazy eyes (and ridiculously adorable cardigan! <3 fall clothes!)

Check out who's going blonde! Girl's got some golden locks coming in! 

"Dis Mah serious face". Ha, note the dog fur clinging to her lip, and in the right corner of the photo.  Housekeeping skills, for the win. 

As it's turning from summer to fall in earnest, the smell of a new season is in the air, literally.  It's been down in the 50s at night, which is perfect sleeping weather with the window cracked a bit.  There are some leaves starting to turn and fall to the ground, and there's something about the smell of probably moldy dried leaves mixed with late summer grass that just gets this fall-lovin' girl's heart to skip a beat now and then.  The Dexter Cider Mill is open for the season, and you can just catch the wiff of apples and cinnamon sugar coated doughnuts as you drive by.  Our own little backyard garden seemed like it was going to be a sad affair this year, and last week I went down to check on whatever might be straggling through the heat of August to make it to harvest, and this is what I found! We still have butternut squash on the vine, many more tomatoes, green beans and some bell peppers yet to ripen.

2 summer squash, a handful of sweet tomatoes, green beans, 4 green peppers, and 3 Scotch Bonnet peppers - holy smokes those suckers are HOT!! I tasted a bit about the size of a pencil eraser, and my entire mouth was instantly prickly with heat! 

Tonight we're off to the first ever night football game at Michigan Stadium.  Hoping the weather holds out as it's been raining like it's freaking Seattle around here since last weekend and seems it might continue.  I'm sure it won't stop 109,901 fans from tailgating and whooping it up all day and bringing it to the BIG HOUSE tonight for some fun filled fandom! It's fun to be part of such a football town this time of year! Wherever you go, Go Blue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment