Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekend Preview

It's Friday night after working 6 days in a row, the weather was absolutely perfect, and it's Mother's Day weekend.  I couldn't ask for more than to have spent the evening out with Matt and Norah, walking around downtown and sampling some ice cream from Washtenaw Dairy.  Norah found the softest little golden retriever stuffed animal at a new shop I'd never been in before (La Belle Maison), picked it up, and immediately kissed its little face and said "Puppy! Hiiiii". Love her so.   I plan to spend every minute of this Mother's Day Weekend soaking in my favorite two people in the world!  



Norah sampled Matt's coffee ice cream and my Caramel Pretzel Crunch (which was a new flavor for me and was Awesome!) and I'd say she was happy with our choices, too! 





She wasn't ready for the fun to stop when we got home, either. We grabbed the sidewalk chalk and headed out for the last hour of sun before bed. Norah mostly wanted to eat the chalk (umm, Pica?) and run down the sidewalk. We met a new neighbor, Hilary, who was trying to study for her nursing course, and kindly let Norah and Lainey interrupt her studies for a few minutes. Norah took her water bottle and dinner fork right off the table and took off running the other way, and my darling dog did the "whoopie shuffle" on the grass right next to her lawn chair! Nice to meet you, we're the a-hole neighbors with no boundaries :) 



I am really looking forward to soaking in all that we love about Ann Arbor this summer, and making the most of every evening and weekend in this place while the weather is mild and my girl is growing in front of my eyes. 




I think tomorrow we are going to walk through the Peony Garden in the Arb (like we did on our wedding day) and then who knows?  Sunday, Mother's Day, we don't have any plans but all that I care about is spending it with my lovely family! Wide open weekend, here we come!

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all the wonderful mamas out there! You shape the world by raising the people you grew inside you, and that is no small feat. A more meaty post on that topic to come. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally wanted to try Caramel Pretzel Crunch on Friday...but went with my usual (Milky Way). maybe I'll branch out next time. MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete